latest Post

waffleguppies: I found a jewelry box in a charity shop a couple...











waffleguppies:

I found a jewelry box in a charity shop a couple of days ago, but while there were some things I liked about it (the bottom part, the handles) there were some things I definitely didn’t (the orange varnish, the sad little glass flowers.)

Took it apart, sanded it as much as I was able- i never seem to have much luck with sanding, things never entirely come off- then repainted with two coats from a tester pot I had from when Mum was painting the bathroom. I love this color (Mountain Rain from Homebase.)

Not much I could do about the glass, so I just cut some measured rectangles of patterned paper from Tiger and sandwiched them into the frames on both sides. The felt lining is mostly in good shape but there’s a little staining in the top, so I’ll mix up some peach/cream acrylic at some point and try sponging it over the marks. Apart from that, I think it came up pretty well, especially considering I already had the paint and the paper etc., so the whole project cost a grand total of £3.99 for the box itself- not counting what it took out of my fingers. Unscrewing those hinges was MURDER.

About Natasha Solanki

Natasha Solanki
Recommended Posts × +

0 comments:

Post a Comment